Wednesday 11 January 2017

Media studies - Representation

11th January 2017 

Within my media lesson we did a lesson on representation and how certain things can be constructed and mediated to present a person in a particular way to the audience. This lead me to select the correct people to act in my film opening, as horror conventions will need to be met and the person will need to be a clear representation of horror. Instead of Beth who was going to play Olivia within my film opening I chose Niamh as she fits the conventions within horror of the vulnerable innocent female. Also I have learnt about ethnicity within media, which gave me the idea of using caucasians, mixed race and black people I did this to subvert the popular culture of caucasians being the only people within films. 

No comments:

Post a Comment